Ms. Oxana Peters, the Managing Partner, heads the litigation and arbitration practice of the firm. She is acknowledged in The Legal 500 EMEA (2012-2014) and Chambers Europe (2015) rankings as one of the leading and most successful trial lawyers due to her exceptional expertise and unique track record. According to The Legal 500 Oxana Peters, the managing partner and the head of litigation is “...one of the most talented and successful litigators in the Russian market...”, who “…wins those cases which other law firms consider unwinnable...”.
Ms. Oxana Peters represents foreign and Russian companies in commercial and tax disputes as well as in the matters regarding recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards in Russia. Oxana has advised a number of international companies on cross-border anti-corruption and internal investigations matters in Russia and the CIS countries. Oxana Peters successfully assists foreign businesses seeking protection from law enforcement bodies. Admitted to the Moscow Region Bar, 2002.
Relevant recent cases
- Successfully defending the board members in a corporate dispute against the minority shareholders of a large Russian agro-industrial holding seeking recovery of losses in the amount exceeding 44 million USD;
- Successfully representing a Panamanian company in a corporate dispute against a Belizean company regarding the bona fide purchase of shares in a RUSNANO project company. The total amount of claims was over 154 million RUB;
- Defending large American and Russian companies focusing on banking equipment supply, construction and pharmacology in numerous complex tax litigations over the past 2 years. The total amount of claims exceeded 175 million RUB;
- Winning the case for a major Russian bank against a mala fide creditor disputing security and settlement agreements;
- Representing a Russian investment company in a dispute regarding the securities transactions;
- Representing and advising a leading German oil & gas manufacturer;
- Successful defense of a large Moscow brokerage firm against its mala fide clients;
- Winning 3 complex multimillion euro tax cases for a top Russian construction company. Total amount of claims was more than 10 million USD;
- Winning a complex tax case for the Russian subsidiary of a major European automotive manufacturer. The amount of claims totaled more than 10 million Euros;
- Successful defense of the Russian subsidiary of an international interbank organization against unlawful actions of Russian investigation authorities;
- Winning a complex tax case for the Russian subsidiary of a leading German retail group. Total amount of claims was more than 10 million Euros;
- Winning more than 40 disputes in the past 3 years for a leading German food retail group in which various banks attempted to challenge the rights of the client to equipment in more than 40 supermarkets in Moscow and Tula. The dispute received wide mass media coverage. Total amount of claims exceeded 10 million USD.