Intellectual property practice in one of the key practices in Tilling Peters LLC. IP practice is headed by the Senior Partner, Advocate Ekaterina Tilling.
Tilling Peters IP team are highly experienced in supporting full cycle projects from the protection of the newly created objects before their commercial use and profit, as well as in representing clients in IP disputes in all administrative and judicial authorities of the Russian Federation. We offer a comprehensive range of services aimed at helping our clients to create, maintain and protect their IP rights, ensuring the effective reach of their business goals.
Main areas of practice:
Disputes in the field of intellectual property
- representation in the courts of the Russian Federation at all levels;
representation of interests in The Russian Patent and Trademark Office;
protection of copyright and related rights, including in the Internet and film industry;
trademarks, trade names and commercial designations disputes, including disputes about the right to domain names;
protection of confidential information and trade secrets disputes;
disputes in the field of combating the spread of counterfeit products;
disputes from contracts relating to the creation and use of intellectual property (licensing, franchising, copyrights contracts);
cases of unfair competition;
disputes over violation of advertising legislation.
Consulting in the field of intellectual property
- strategic consulting on the creation and use of intellectual property;
- license agreements and contracts of assignment of rights to intellectual property, franchise agreements;
- commissioning contracts and ordering agreements, including agreements on the development of trademarks and software;
- сontracts of the transfer of know-how and confidential information;
- licensing and engineering agreement;
- agreements and confidentiality provisions;
- strategy for doing business in cyberspace;
- collection, use, storage and processing of personal data;
- marketing via the Internet;
- advice on doing business over the Internet (e-commerce);
- assisting clients in implementing corporate policies on information technology and consulting group payments for their use;
- development and analysis of the provisions of the distribution agreements, service contracts, agency and other agreements related to the protection of IP, software, personal data and confidential information;
- legal audit of intellectual property, including for the implementation of investment projects;
- advice on application of the legislation on advertising, including the Internet;
- transfer of rights for intellectual property in the framework of mergers / acquisitions;
- tax advice on transactions on the use of intellectual property;
- contracts for R & D(research and development).
Registration of intellectual property rights
- registration, protection and maintenance of the trademarks, patents and industrial designs, as well as the management of international portfolios rights to these objects;
- patenting inventions, utility models and industrial designs services, as well as registration of trademarks; advice on all patentability matters of these objects;
- trademarks verification on identity and similarity, patent search and expert assessment;
- introduction of trademarks in the customs register of intellectual property;
- registration of software and domain names, document preparation and advice.
Ms. Ekaterina Tilling
Senior Partner, Advocate
tel.: +7 (495) 782-28-30